Yay, off to...! :-)

Talk about everything here
blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Elforel wrote:That's not fair! French surnames are going to disapear from the surface of the earth then!
Bluesy will get rid of hers and my fiancee won't take mine! The balance will be broken! What catastrophe could ensue???
:D :D Poor Frenchmen! Seriously though Elfy, if I had one of those NICE French surnames I'd be keeping it, the only reason I'm glad to get rid of mine is that it's weird, and I've had a lifetime of people here in the UK making jokes about it. :)
Elforel wrote:When's yours Bluesy?
Around when is your baby due Sara? Which Crane company did you chose for the delivery?
My wedding is 26th August, and I think Sara's baby is due in December. :)

witchy
Living room

Post by witchy »

You have a lovely surname 8d , no matter what you think of it! [censor]
What should I say? My dad's name's gonna disappear as well, he had only one sister and he made two daughters, so no more will survive. I had to think about it when I had to choose the surname for my baby, as being unmarried we had to make papers to recognize the father of the 'unborn child'. I chose for my boyfriend's surname, I thought it would be easier growing up here, I get my surname mispronounced all the time already. It felt a bit sad, must say... :???: [b)]
But I don't wanna lose my surname if I ever get married and I wait to see if they finally approve here the law to have both parent's surname for children.
Italian surname hon? I had no idea, can I know it, maybe in private? :I

Elfy, I'd love to send you a card at least for your wedding, but where???? I wish you all possible bliss. Elizabeth is right, my baby is expected mid December, I just hope it's not gonna become a little Jes?s... [:xx] \
Crane company? You mean how am I gonna deliver? In a house-hospital...

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

witchy wrote:You have a lovely surname 8d , no matter what you think of it! [censor]
Really, you think it's nice? Maybe it's just the fact that it's so uncommon here (not even a common name in France, so I'm told), I just get so fed up with people commenting on it all the time. :)
witchy wrote:What should I say? My dad's name's gonna disappear as well, he had only one sister and he made two daughters, so no more will survive. I had to think about it when I had to choose the surname for my baby, as being unmarried we had to make papers to recognize the father of the 'unborn child'. I chose for my boyfriend's surname, I thought it would be easier growing up here, I get my surname mispronounced all the time already. It felt a bit sad, must say... :???: [b)]
I can understand that, Sara - but maybe your child/ren can have both names. I didn't realise they need to make a law for that in the Netherlands? I've always assumed a child was legally entitled to take both its parents' names if they were unmarried.
witchy wrote:Italian surname hon? I had no idea, can I know it, maybe in private? :I
You got mail. :) Dom is half-Italian, half-Irish. Nice combination. ^

Franck
Living room
anti-spam: No

Post by Franck »

witchy wrote: Elizabeth is right, my baby is expected mid December, I just hope it's not gonna become a little Jes?s... [:xx] \
hey, what's the problem with Jesus, Sara ??? :shock: :O
don't you remember me lil' jesus too... [angel] :roll: ;)

btw, are you ok these days ? no more pain ?
"quand les mouettes ont pied, il est temps de virer" (dicton de marin breton)

Elforel
Living room
Location: Somewhere between the ground and the sky (Beijing, China)

Post by Elforel »

Sara, the crane company thing was just meant to be a joke, but apparently i miserably failed! [:o]
It was about that legend there is about Cranes (the birds) delivering the babies to parents...kind of the girls being born in roses and boys in cabbage [:xx] .Anyway, I am so happy for you, don't worry, the kid won't be a Jesus unless you name him/her so... I'll send you an adress soon!

Bluesy, so you'll get married 20 days after us! I'll tell you if I understood it was a wrong move before you do it! [:o]
Blog:blog.foukography.com
"Mieux vaudrait apprendre a faire l'amour correctement plut?t que s'abrutir sur un livre d'histoire." B.Vian

witchy
Living room

Post by witchy »

Ok, one at a time:

beth: of course I like your surname!!!! 8d
Frank: nothing's wrong with you hon, I just wouldn't like to give birth on xmas day! Also, I would like the baby to have a birthday free from other important celebrations. Plus, I would think of an ex boyfriend ,who was born on the 24th and was called Jesus, WAY TOO MUCH. Yes, I'm better. Since 10 days more or less I feel more like myself again, the belly is real, I can eat again 8d
Elfy: in italy are storks and not cranes delivering babies, that's why I didn't get the joke, sorry :I And also there are different options available here and I got for granted it was ABOUT those.
Kuhn: you totally turned around what I said, it has nothing to do with being bastards or not, I really don't know where you saw it.... [what]
1) as unmarried couple, we don't even have a contract, I am automatically a mother with full custody, but if I don't do certain papers there won't be any legal father assigned, not even on the birth certificate. Now my boyfriend is the official, legal father, but will get the custody of the baby only after birth and after we ask it, providing the papers we signed. Also, without the documents we did, the baby would get my surname automatically.
2) Like in many other countries, children here get only ONE surname, usually that of the father. In our case, we chose for the father's. On any document only that surname will be valid. What I am waiting for is a law allowing all children, no matter the marital state of the parents, to get 2 surnames, like in Spain. Aren't there 2 parents? Then why not 2 surnames?
Let's see what happens..

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

"Kuhn: you totally turned around what I said, it has nothing to do with being bastards or not, I really don't know where you saw it.... "

The second sentence was not meant to be related to the first.

I should have made that clear. :I

Sorry!

___

And congrats to you all!

Elforel
Living room
Location: Somewhere between the ground and the sky (Beijing, China)

Post by Elforel »

Oops... I guess it is about STORKS everywhere and not Cranes... [:o]
Let's just say I had a lack in my vocabulary! :???:
Damn! Why didn't I just pretend it was Cranes doing the job in France! [king]
Blog:blog.foukography.com
"Mieux vaudrait apprendre a faire l'amour correctement plut?t que s'abrutir sur un livre d'histoire." B.Vian

puce
Living room

Post by puce »

Elforel wrote:t take mine! The balance will be broken! What catastrophe could ensue???
The last hope for the Universe is that Puce is going to marry her french boyfriend now...
I certainly do hope so. ;) But I'm not sure to take his surname, my mother always used her and it would feel so strange to use another. My surname sounds a little ridicoulous, there are often jokes about it and the French one would sound more classy, even if actually it's very common in France and has a very plain meaning.
Elizabeth, I thought you were too feminist to change your surname after the marriage. :D

Franck
Living room

Post by Franck »

witchy wrote: Frank: nothing's wrong with you hon, I just wouldn't like to give birth on xmas day! Also, I would like the baby to have a birthday free from other important celebrations. Plus, I would think of an ex boyfriend ,who was born on the 24th and was called Jesus, WAY TOO MUCH.
ok, I understand what you mean now, and don't worry, I didn't take it personnally ;)
Yes, I'm better. Since 10 days more or less I feel more like myself again, the belly is real, I can eat again 8d
that's good news then :)
"quand les mouettes ont pied, il est temps de virer" (dicton de marin breton)

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

In the UK you can use any surname you like for your child.When he/she comes of age,they can change it.
My son's surname is just one part of our THREE surnames (my partner has a double-barrelled surname),the name we liked best of the three.So it turns out that my surname is not going on a generation,and nor is my partner's-and she is the last in the line with her surname anywhere-no other male heirs in the family.

Amid all your collective wedding/baby activities-good luck,all of you!!-Lisa and I celebrated our tenth anniversary last week.We're not 'married' legally but we had a ceremony with friends back then in '95.

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

message from norway (i'll be back on sunday :V ):
I'm not broke yet Kuhn! we're using my parents motorhome and brought a lot of food with us, so the only costs so far have been diesel, campingplaces and tollroads and ferries. And I think you can have an affordable holiday here, since a night on a campingplace is like 12 euros and split among 3 people that's very cheap ^
Food's not a lot more expensive than in europe either I think and i'm not drinking or smoking, so that saves a lot too ;)

I did find Stina's PAS in a used record store for only NOK80 (10euro) so i was very pleased with that. But how come the people are strange version is different from the one i know (i had it in mp3), which is a more electronic version. Was it on the single?

I also saw one copy of Anja Garbarek's Balloon Mood, but it was a bit too expensive for my taste. I guess i'll try it in Sweden on the way back. I think i'll also be able to get Anna Ternheim there for a reasonable price.

See you all on sunday 8d

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

There's two remixes-more 'electronic'-of PAS,neither on the album,but all on at least one version of the single.Check out Kuhn's excellent Discography!

lamomeneant
Hallway

Post by lamomeneant »

i'm planning on travelling this summer, and maybe take the plane for the 1st time of my life
So, here's a quick poll for all of you lovely people.
Do you think I should fly to California, "walk in the feet" on David Lynch character and get caught drinving too fast on Mullholland Drive? maybe I could go to Arizona, too
Or should I visit the Scandinavian country to eventually go to the Moomin Park and maybe meet some good musicians ? 8)

I am currently hesitating...

advices welcome

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

Okay, time to dig up this thread, cause it's summer vacation time again; It's too bad just now the board seems so alive when i am leaving for -once again- Norway! :D ;)

so yea, hope you all have a good summer; share some of it's good experiences here and see you all back in a couple of weeks unless i come online somewhere between fjord and fjell... :)
-I am a true Believer-