Yay, off to...! :-)

Talk about everything here
pgss
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by pgss »

Well all, I'm almost ready to go on holiday also. Two days of work ahead of me. Then a day of packing. Thursday I'll be driving to Kiel (Germany) for the boat to Oslo.

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

pgss wrote:Well all, I'm almost ready to go on holiday also. Two days of work ahead of me. Then a day of packing. Thursday I'll be driving to Kiel (Germany) for the boat to Oslo.
cool that you're coming to norway also :D It's been very nice here; very pleasant weather compared to the rest of europe; i'm not looking forward to go back....
-I am a true Believer-

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

pgss wrote:Well all, I'm almost ready to go on holiday also. Two days of work ahead of me. Then a day of packing. Thursday I'll be driving to Kiel (Germany) for the boat to Oslo.
Have a nice stay, but do watch your back in the main street Karl Johan if you're staying there - it's full of hookers, junkies, pocket thieves and the like - especially in the summer :?

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Hello Kuhn, the plan is to see a bit of Oslo on the way back. The first place we want to drive to is Stryn.

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Decision made. I'm off with my daughter and her best friend at the end of August, a week in Devon right by the water for next to nothing. Too good an opportunity to pass on. Sorry, husband.
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Good you made a decision Blue. It's real good to have a break from working and studying!

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Well actually it was my daughter - she decided for me and went on the 'net yesterday looking for bargains. [akiss]

I can't wait, now. I so need to get away and be at peace for a little while.
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

pgss wrote:Hello Kuhn, the plan is to see a bit of Oslo on the way back. The first place we want to drive to is Stryn.
stryn is a nice area to go to but don't expect to be able to ski on the summer ski area; all snow had melted already two weeks ago.... ;)
-I am a true Believer-

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Tomorrow I'm off again for a week, camping this time,but this is work!
Teaching jazz songs on a Voice camp-yes there are such things,and it's great fun actually.Hope it won't be too hot.
So I've arranged a whole load of songs for four-part harmony.
If I thought anyone else would enjoy them I'd do some Stina songs.... :roll: But I doubt it....so I won't.
Which songs do you think would make a good choral arrangement? 'Soon after Xmas' springs to mind.And didn't a Norwegian male voice choir or something do a Stina arrangement? :D The mind boggles.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Hope you enjoy your all camping/all singing trip Dave? :D

I'm now safely home and settling in again after a wonderful holiday in Cornwall last week. Blessed with (hot) sunny blue skies Kate and I had a great time hiking around the coastal paths and visiting touristy places like St Michaels Mount, Lands End and St.Ives.
Highlights though were our day trip (by sea) to the Isles of Scilly where we visited the Abbey Gardens on Tresco, and the 150 foot deep tour of Poldark tin mine. We did that last Saturday on the only rotten (weather wise) day of the holiday.

Coming home on Sunday, we stopped off at Glastonbury where we met up with a bunch of kate Bush fans ( who I know from a Kate on-line forum) on Glastonury Tor.
One of the guys there was taking piccies of everyone and has put them up on the forum so for those of you who are remotely interested in what poor old RobB looks like, click on the link below. All sympathetic comments will be gratefully received. :lol:

http://p081.ezboard.com/fthehomegrounda ... D=67.topic

In the b/w photos I'm photograph 23, girlfriend Kate is 9, 12 & 33 and we're pictured together in pic 34.

We also appear in colour (at no extra cost !! ) in a group shot on page 2 of the thread.

You have been warned! :wink:

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Nice pics! Good to see you two again if only in a snap.
It's invigorating up the Tor,eh.Take kids up there and they charge around crazily-it's definitely got something about it.
Well Rob,you were only 3/4 of an hour from a cup of tea here!

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:Well Rob,you were only 3/4 of an hour from a cup of tea here!
Sadly time was tight. The 'meet up' was at 3pm and we had to leave for home at 4pm. As it was we didn't get home until gone 10pm owing to huge congestion on the M3 / M25 motorways owing to seperate accidents.
Tootling along at 10mph in heavy traffic for mile after mile is quite tiring......but we made it home safely,which is more than alot of cars did judging by the number of breakdowns we passed. :(

Hopefully we'll meet up again next year? :)

It was very changable weather above the Tor last Sunday. Literally sunshine and showers and when the showers did come,boy,did that wind pick up. :o

Still,a few optimistic souls took cover from the rain in the roofless tower. :lol:

Kitchen

Post by * »

well, on the way back wave out of the left window as you drive out of kiel southwards... i'll see ya... sort of :wink: :D

gerryuk
Kitchen

Post by gerryuk »

Oops I am late to this thread, anyway I went to North Norway for 10 days in June, more specifically the Lofoten Islands which are simply staggerignly beautiful and I would recommend them to any outdoor lovers.
The year before I went to Tromso and Vasteralen.

Norway is though by far and away the most expensive place I have ever visited, and I have been to a lot of places, with food being particularly expensive ?15 or $24 for a pizza, ?8 or $12 for a fast food burger!! Still the landscapes draw me back and the people are pretty friendly too.
you were walking through the house last night,
i knew it was you from the space in your steps

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

gerryuk wrote:Oops I am late to this thread, anyway I went to North Norway for 10 days in June, more specifically the Lofoten Islands which are simply staggerignly beautiful and I would recommend them to any outdoor lovers. The year before I went to Tromso and Vasteralen.

Norway is though by far and away the most expensive place I have ever visited, and I have been to a lot of places, with food being particularly expensive ?15 or $24 for a pizza, ?8 or $12 for a fast food burger!! Still the landscapes draw me back and the people are pretty friendly too.
nice to read so many people are going to norway :D
The Lofoten are really beautiful and of course the midnight sun is awesome. Did you also sit on one of the northern beaches (which look like the mediterranean with their white sands and blue water) and watch the sun go down and then rise again? simply amazing.... :)
the prices being so high is relative though or maybe you've been to expensive places; the best way is to shop for food and bring as much as you can from home; which is of course easier when you're in a motorhome ;)
I did find the gas prices extremely high, almost being more expensive than here in the Netherlands :shock: :wink:

I'd like to go more north again too, like the Lyngenalps and see more of Svartisen or drive along the coastal highway...
-I am a true Believer-