Yay, off to...! :-)

Talk about everything here
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by RobB »

wirbel wrote:
RobB wrote: Then back for a couple of weeks and then off to the Cotswolds for a week......with partner :) .....and the kids. :cry:
too bad you have to 'drag' them with you ;) :D:D
you said it. :lol:
They're not too bad actually apart from when they start squabbling on the back seat. :(

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Strange reading through this thread again. :?

No holiday for me this year, can't afford it. Maybe next year things will be better.
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

gerryuk
Kitchen

Post by gerryuk »

Im not so much as going, as I have just come back.

End of May begining of June I spent 3 weeks in Alaska and British Columbia. It was rather lovely although many of the hiking trails I wanted to do, were closed as there was too much snow and a danger of avalanches.

Now I have just recently returned from spending a week in Bettyhill, in Sutherland right in the north of Scotland. It was both spectuclar in terms of scenery, and blissfully peaceful and quiet.

I went to the Lofoten Islands last year and that was a brilliant experience, I would recommend them to anyone.
you were walking through the house last night,
i knew it was you from the space in your steps

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

that sounds great gerry; did you upload pictures somewhere (time to revive that 'pictures' thread! ;))?

And indeed Lofoten is an awesome place; i'd also recommend it :)
Being above the polar circle is something special and then the scenery is so beautiful too..
-I am a true Believer-

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

wirbel wrote:SO i'm going to Norway again this summer and will be leaving wednesday evening. Fortunately with a wifi laptop it's a little more easy to visit the board some time, but i'm sure you won't hear as much...
I'm going to Norway too. But this time a bit later. I'll be leaving from the 15th of August. And no laptop, so no messages from me from then.... until the second week of September.

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

blue wrote:Strange reading through this thread again. :?
I can imagine.... from honeymoon, to a summer spending a holiday alone without your partner, and now... a summer without a partner at all. [b)]

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Indeed. Not exactly where I thought I'd be, two years ago. :?
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

pgss wrote:[I'm going to Norway too. But this time a bit later. I'll be leaving from the 15th of August. And no laptop, so no messages from me from then.... until the second week of September.
Great! Have a good time there; maybe you'll find a place to check email and write us a message :). You can use the internet for free at any public library.
I can imagine.... from honeymoon, to a summer spending a holiday alone without your partner, and now... a summer without a partner at all.
I'm sorry if I've brought back any bad memories by this thread; i didn't know about this.. [b)]
-I am a true Believer-

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

I quite fancy the Highlands of Scotland myself,having never got further North in UK than Glasgow.My son wants us to go abroad,something we very rarely do and can't really afford.I have loads of one-off gigs all through the summer hols so finding a week or two to go anywhere will be precious.

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

Maybe you could stay at some of the friends from the board some time, that would save some money and since we live everywhere you could travel around the whole world :D
-I am a true Believer-

witchy
Living room

Post by witchy »

I'm off next week from two lousy weeks, to Italy of course. I know it's better than nothing, but I need so much more rest...I'm working overtime every day and I really feel the pregnancy lately but hey, I was the last one to ask for free days, even the temps got 3 weeks and we need to cover all divisions... :(
We'll be away from the 10th to the 24th, anyone planning to visit Tilburg?
"Superero' le correnti gravitazionali, lo spazio e la luce per non farti invecchiare. Ti salvero' da ogni malinconia, perche' sei un essere speciale ed io avro' cura di te ... Io si', che avro' cura di te" F.Battiato

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Feeling very refreshed today after a lovely long weekend break in North Wales. :)
Highlights were spending Saturday at Portmeirion ( and yes,I achieved what Patrick McGoohan failed to do,I escaped 'the village' 8) :wink: )
and yesterday, an entralling steam train ride from Porthmadog to the slate quarrying town of Blaenau Ffestininog, 700 feet up in the mountains.

But who was it I wonder who groped my partner Kate, when the carriage suddenly plunged into darkness when going through one of the tunnels? :shock: :? :wink:

Oh,and the sun shone during our stay and the showers stayed away. :D

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

witchy wrote:anyone planning to visit Tilburg?
I was in Tilburg just last week. Nice town in fact, had never been there before. We really should arrange a dutch board meeting sometime with Wirbel and PaulR.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

I know Tilburg 8) .....its opposite Gravesend ain't it? :wink:

witchy
Living room

Post by witchy »

Yeah, something like that RobB :)
Back from "holidays": in Rome it was like breathing fire, here is windy, rainy and coldish for the big joy of my organism, which is fighting another infection helped by antibiotics :cry: . I am more tired than when we left, but Iker had a good time, cuddled and served by everyong, running after family dogs etc. Tomorrow I'm back at work, can't even think about it... :shock:
What brought you to Tilburg Paul? It's not a touristic city but what's left of the old buildings in the center is beautiful, the main theater and 013 are great places to be and it's a very quiet living. :D I'd be pleased to meet you, although I may be the boring gal at the meeting, no alcohol, no smoke and big belly that makes me tired :wink:
"Superero' le correnti gravitazionali, lo spazio e la luce per non farti invecchiare. Ti salvero' da ogni malinconia, perche' sei un essere speciale ed io avro' cura di te ... Io si', che avro' cura di te" F.Battiato