Anna Ternheim

New bands are welcome
blue
Bedroom

Re: Anna Ternheim

Post by blue »

Over the past few months I've been watching the Swedish detective drama 'Wallander' on BBC4, and gradually became aware that the songs used sometimes over the closing credits are really beautiful - they reminded me a little of Stina's stuff, so I watched for the music credits recently and saw it's Anna Ternheim with Fleskvartetten. Is that the group that Stina worked with at some point? I seem to vaguely remember the name. I was impressed by the quiet grace of these songs.
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

aermancer
Bathroom

Post by aermancer »

Fläskkvartetten = Flesh Quartet :)
Last edited by aermancer on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Yes I wondered if that was the translation - aren't they the group that Stina worked with? :?:

Anywho, I do like Anna's voice and the general atmosphere/style of those tracks used in Wallander, I must dig around and see if I can find them on youtube.

sound world
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by sound world »

Oooh, I like your new butterfly, Beth!! ^
Goes really well with aermancer's petulant kid above, colour-wise.

Stina has collaborated with Freddie Wadling of Fleshquartet on a few occasions-in fact the last music we have any knowledge of Stina's involvement in is Freddie's most recent album.
Fleshquartet's 'Flow' has four tracks with Stina on BV. Here's one of them, with Stina in the video!! looking happy!!

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Bit of a tangent to this topic, but 'Wallander' writer Henning Mankell was on the seized aid-ship bound for Gaza earlier this week, and kept a diary of the events, which is well worth reading-
http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2 ... kell-diary

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

sound world wrote:Oooh, I like your new butterfly, Beth!! ^
Yeah me too - I thought I'd better change it as you're now the second person who's asked if my previous one was me!

sound world wrote:Stina has collaborated with Freddie Wadling of Fleshquartet on a few occasions-in fact the last music we have any knowledge of Stina's involvement in is Freddie's most recent album.
Fleshquartet's 'Flow' has four tracks with Stina on BV. Here's one of them, with Stina in the video!! looking happy!!
Oh my goodness, I really like that! Much more 'rock' than I would have expected, but my sort of rock. ^

How fantastic to see Stina laughing and looking so happy in the video. And not a day older, how the hell does she manage that? :D

How recent is this track/video?

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

It was made in c. 1991, just after MOAC, so not at all recent...

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Ah, that explains why she hasn't aged. :D :D

Still lovely to see her like that though, it kind of goes against the image I have of her.

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

The way they changed Wallander in the 3rd and 4th season was very interesting and the music of Fläskkvartetten adds a lot to the atmosphere. I think the track with Anna Ternheim is very good too.
I remember a thread about the Walk song with Stina and Wadling on here about how bad the english in the lyrics was; always have to think of that when I hear that song. :D
-I am a true Believer-

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Had a batch of cds donated to my charity shop on Saturday and Anna Ternheim's 'Somebody Outside' was one of them. I was owed a couple of quid out of petty cash so I took this cd in lieu of what i was owed. I didn't recognise the artists name or anything but felt the cover was sufficiently atmospheric enough for the music to be worthy of a listen.

It turned out to be a good call on my part (which makes for a pleasant change :mrgreen: ) as 'Somebody Outside' is a superb (debut) album from Anna.

I was quite surprised to find this existing thread from four years back as I don't recall having read it before.

It seems that Anna has released four albums to date so I have a bit of catching up to do. :I